Well Okay I haven't written consistently, in fact all I managed to write yesterday was a few lines in a birthday card, though I did put a lot of thought into those few lines. BUT, big break through; I did manage to make a start on previously mentioned story, which I must come up with a new name for, 'story' just doesn't do it justice. Yes I actually have the rough outline of a beginning that I am happy with.
I have also managed to write some in depth character profiles that have been written legibly ( god is that even a word? must look it up) in a notebook and will be kept close at all times.
I've written profiles for the main characters but there are a few secondary characters that are vital to the story but don't appear very often, so should I write profiles for them also? I know them after all, I picture them in my head as I write about them, but it would stop me making any silly mistakes; like the man with the deep green eyes suddenly staring at her with his piercing blue ones. Yes I think I probably will write brief profiles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi there, thanks for your message on my blog. I will be checking into your blog often, as i am fascinated with the whole 'writing' process. My husband is a short story fiction writer He is getting things published which is great. He says he has to write at least 1500 words a day (this is as well as his full-time consultancy job) otherwise he doesn't feel he has done anything worthwhile. Obviously that has changed since having Betty our baby, because he can't stay away from her, she is a real daddy's girl! but he is trying to get back into it now. Isn't being a mum amazing! I have just written a post about 'yummy mummies'.. you might be interested!
Hey, elsie button, thanks for your comment and well done to your husband for getting his work published. 1500 words a day, wow, I'm not even nearly that professional, yet. Though with 2 kids, 2 dogs, a husband and a house to take care of i'm lucky if I manage 15 words.
Motherhood is amazing, I love every sleep depraved minute of it.
i will read you with a cuppa when i have more time lol.
thought i would make it easy on you to find me again.
Post a Comment