OK so I've had this particular idea floating about in my head for a couple of years at least, so you'd think that by now I would have had something on paper, right? Well apart from my hardly eligible outlines that I lose and re-write every couple of months, there's nothing.
I know the story inside out, I know the characters intimately, they've lived in my head for months, I know how it ends, OK so the beginning I'm a little unsure of, but that's a minor detail. The whole story plays out in my head like a film ( one I've missed the first five minutes of ) but as soon as I try to get it down on paper my mind just goes blank and I end up writing lists, character profiles, outlines, even more in depth character profiles, anything but a beginning. Any beginning would do, I could always change it later, right? I know this but still nothing and anything I do come up with is almost immediately discarded because it just doesn't feel right.
Today I am making a promise to myself, and posting it worldwide so everyone will know if I fail. I will write something every day, anything, just to keep me focused. And I Will get this story on paper. I will be dedicated and professional and I will take control. I will stop making excuses and I will try damn hard. That is all.xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment